Saturday, May 26, 2018

Saturday and Sundry Smiles

A few cartoons today. The first two are home-grown. First is a photograph from husband's collection of vintage photographs, it would make a good cartoon; husband added the caption. The second was drawn by husband (anyjazz). The rest are "borrowed", with thanks to the copyright owners (clearly marked), in the hope they will not chase me for use of their work on this personal blog. Third and fourth cartoons take a wipe at astrology - doesn't everyone from time to time? Fifth cartoon seemed rather apt for 2017/8 if given a new title. The rest are editorial or political cartoons.

Editorial and political cartoons, are different from ordinary cartoons. Editorial/political cartoons have a deadly serious point to make, in stressful circumstances, these cartoonists have to look for a funny side to depict to lighten the atmosphere somewhat for the viewer, as well as making a serious point.
I was doing political cartoons and getting angry to the point where I felt I was going to have to start making and throwing bombs. I thought I was probably a better cartoonist than a bomb maker.
Terry Gilliam




"Oh Fudge!"

"My bad!









 
New caption: President Trump's visit to the barber.


























2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Good laugh, thanka!

XO
WWW

Twilight said...

Wisewebwoman ~ Most welcome, WWW! :)